Each client has different considerations, but all have the goal of eliminating uncertainties and maximizing the value of the estate by reducing taxes and other expenses. Our firm's objective is to take the uncertainties out of long term planning and maximize the value of the estate; we tailor each plan to address the client's specific goals and concerns and then implement that plan in the most efficient way.
An estate plan should not be viewed as something done at one point and then forgotten. For an estate plan to be effective it should be reviewed periodically and amended as circumstances change. Some of these circumstances include significant life events to the grantors, heirs or fiduciaries such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, change in employment, and change in assets. An estate plan should also be reviewed when there are changes in the tax law. A trusted professional estate planning attorney can assist and advise you when you need estate planning services. Our firm’s goal is to develop long term relationships with clients and provide continuing estate planning services as circumstances change. Clients who make this investment into our firm will find they are receiving great value and peace of mind.
1. First things first, we want to get to know you. We will send out a intake form to better understand who you are and what kind of services you are requesting.
2. Next, a 15 minute phone consultation will be scheduled with Daryl in order to discuss fees as well as how to get started.
3. After the fees are taken care of, an in-person or zoom meeting will be scheduled to design your estate plan! Here you will discuss the item checklist and worksheet that was handed out in the previous step as well as any additional items you may want included in your plan.
4. Next, a draft of your estate plan will be sent to you to review. Assuming all is correct, a signing meeting will be scheduled.
5. Continuing, a signing meeting will take place where your estate plan will become official! The remaining balance on the fee agreement will also be paid at this time.
6. Finally, your estate plan will be ready for pickup with the original documents and instructions a week after the signing meeting.
Revocable Living Trusts (Individual and Joint)
Trust Funding Instructions
Third Part Special Needs Trusts (Consideration for children with special needs or disabilities)
Family Pot Trusts (Consideration for families with minor children)
Cabin Property Trusts
Assignment of Personal Property
Durable General Powers of Attorney
Utah Advance Health Care Directives
Personal Property Memorandums
Real Estate Transfers
Binder with instructions and information for each tab